This high-performance, standards-based building block is designed for carrier-grade telecom and Internet applications requiring exceptional processing power and high availability. The dual processor/redundant host Intel� NetStructure� ZT 5524 is PICMG* 2.16-compliant and offers configurable high availability, I/O expansion, and 66MHz CompactPCI* bridging features. A generous set of on-board embedded features and reliable, off-the-shelf architecture address the integration and reliability requirements of OEM systems builders. Support for major operating systems, including real-time software, speeds application development.
An optional expansion mezzanine card provides dual PMC slots, CompactPCI bus-segment bridging at 33MHz or 66MHz, and dual Fibre Channel interfaces. With the addition of the Intel� NetStructure� ZT 4901 I/O Mezzanine Expansion Card, the ZT 5524 system master processor board supports high-availability redundant-host operation in the Intel� NetStructure� ZT 5085 12U Redundant Host Packet Switched Platform. The ZT 5524/ZT 4901 board combination also supports 66MHz CompactPCI bus-segment bridging in the Intel� NetStructure� ZT 5088 12U General Purpose Packet Switched Platform.
The single-slot ZT 5524 board is designed to interoperate with the entire Intel� NetStructure� family of packet switched backplane products, and with third-party building blocks meeting the PICMG 2.16 specification.
- Single or dual 800MHz Intel� Pentium� III processors support symmetric multiprocessing in single CompactPCI slot
- Integrated 512KB L2 Cache
- ServerWorks* LE chipset
- 33/66MHz, 64-bit CompactPCI system bus interface
- Single 168-pin, right-angle DIMM module socket supports up to 1GB PC133 SDRAM memory
- 16MB on-board flash memory contains field-upgradeable bios and provides space for user programs
- Dual 10/100/1000 Mbit/s Ethernet interfaces (front panel and backplane)
- Accepts 2.5" low-profile, boardmounted EIDE hard drive or optional CompactFlash* Type II drive carrier
- Dual-stage watchdog timer; failure to strobe within a programmable time period (from .25s to 256s) can generate a non-maskable interrupt (NMI), followed by a hardware reset
- Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) monitors, controls and performs diagnostic functions using the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- An embedded BIOS, user-configurable to load an operating system from a variety of boot devices, is loaded in on-board flash memory
- Support for major operating systems including Windows* 2000, Linux*, and VxWorks*
- Built-in PCI video controller for display and graphics support