Through jobs, positive economic impact, contributions, and volunteerism, Intel® Arizona makes a positive impact on the surrounding community.
- Intel came to Arizona in 1979; and to Chandler in 1980.
- There are currently two large campus locations in the Chandler and Ocotillo communities, and two smaller satellite offices in Chandler as well.
- Operations in Arizona include the Wireless Communications and Computing Group, Home Products Group, Intel Architecture Products Group, Validation/Compatibility Lab, Arizona Development Center, Corporate Materials and Services, Assembly Test Development, Fab 12, and Fab 22 which is currently under construction.
- Products manufactured in Arizona include the Pentium® processor family of products.
- Intel is one of Arizona's largest employers and is Chandler's largest employer.
- Intel has 10,000 employees in Arizona.
- More than 3,700 employees donated more than 47,000 volunteer hours in 2000.
- Total annual payroll for Arizona in 2000 -- $666.9 million (includes base pay and bonuses).
- Arizona corporate income tax, property tax, and sales and use tax for 2000 -- $75 million.
- Intel's current presence in Arizona has a $2.3 billion annual impact on the state's economy and supports 39,000 indirect Arizona jobs. (Source: Center for Business Research, Arizona State University, Jan. 2000)
Phone: (480) 554-5995